Help Spread the Word about Sunday’s C.V. Whitney Cup Broadcast!
This Sunday, March 23, at 4:00 pm ET, the NBC Sports Network will broadcast the championship game of the historic USPA C.V. Whitney Cup. The telecast will also include a number of special features in addition to the match play, including a tribute to polo great Carlos Gracida, profiles of Polo Hall of Fame inductees Adam Snow (who is also NBC Sports Network’s color commentator for the match) and the legendary polo pony Fuss Budget; and brief tutorials on the official rules and regulations of polo. Click here to view a promotional trailer for the broadcast.
Fans will get an up-close look at polo, played between Valiente and Orchard Hill, including a view from above with an aerial drone mounted camera to enable never before possible close-ups of the action on the vast polo field. To find the NBC Sports Network channel in your area, click here.
The U.S. Polo Association is presenting the airing, and we want you to join the festivities, both in front of the television and online.
Celebrate this historic match by spreading the word via social media to fellow players and friends with whom you want to share your passion for polo.
We’re showing our excitement on Facebook and Twitter, and we’d love to see your excitement too! You can do this in simple ways:
- If you have not done so already, “Like” the USPoloAssociation on Facebook, Follow @PoloAssociation on Twitter and Instagram at @uspoloassociation; encourage others you know to do the same.
- Post the date and time of the broadcast and tag the NBC Sports Network (https://www.facebook.com/NBCSports) to let your friends and followers know that you will be watching so they can join you.
- Comment on, Like and/or Share some of the posts about the C.V. Whitney Cup on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/USPoloAssociation).
- Retweet information about the C.V. Whitney Cup from our Twitter handle, @PoloAssociation, to your Twitter followers.
- Get together with friends and family to watch the event and tweet/Instagram about it with a photo, and/or post that photo to Facebook. You can also send your photos to Amber Owen at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to share.
- Include @NBCSports in your tweets/Instagrams to show our support of the network.
- Include the hashtags #CVWhitneyCup and #USPA in your tweets/Instagrams so we can follow your mentions as well.
The next telecast of polo will be the 110th Maserati U.S. Open Polo Championship® final, which will be carried on the main NBC broadcast network in June.