Â£77, 000 raised at the Jaeger-LeCoultre Polo Charity Cup
Ham Polo Club –
June 19th 2008
For the second yearrunning, Jaeger-LeCoultre holds a Polo day for a charitable organisation.
On June 19th2008 at the Ham Polo Club in
This charity-dedicatedday did feature two main highlights: an auction, followed by demonstrationmatches featuring the Worldâ€™s Best Players Adolfo Cambiaso, admired by many fansand a special guest : England Football Manager, Fabio Capello.
An auction was heldwith unique polo prizes and all proceeds went to â€˜Ideas del Surâ€™, an ArgentinianCharity devoted to underprivileged children.
Prices included :
– a unique Reverso Grande Taille, engraved withAdolfo Cambiasoâ€™s signature,
– an AdolfoCambiasoâ€™s personal horse to be chosen at his ranch in
– an AdolfoCambiasoâ€™s personal handmade helmet
– private lesson andlunch with Adolfo Cambiaso (which was battled over by two ladies !)
Amateur players andthe best professionals players joined in a day dedicated to sport andhumanitarian values.
The first chukka wasa demonstration game, featuring
The following fourchukkas were a hard fought and a fast moving battle between:
Jaeger-LeCoultreWhite Team Jaeger-LeCoultreBlack Team
1. Barry, Paul (-1) 1.Mathias, Clare (0)
2. Raksriaksorn, Tal(0) 2.Albwardy, Rachid (0)
3. Cambiaso, adolfo(10) 3.Alberdi, Pikki (8)
4. Casabal, adolfo(4) 4.Valent, Martin (4)
A close match with the Black Teamdefeated the White Team 6-4.
Rashid Albwardy, from the Black Team,was named MVP.
Guests enjoyed abeautiful sunny day in
FabioCapello, friend of Jaeger-LeCoultre, flew in especially from
Other guests included Yasmin Le Bon, wearing aJaeger-LeCoultre Lady Jewellery and herdaughter Amber, Lisa Moorish, Ayesha Makim and Steve Wood, Simon and Yasmin Mills,Saffron Aldridge, Tania Bryer, John Hitchcox and Olivia Inge.